CAMGSD and its members consider the involvement in outreach programs targeted at youngsters interested in Mathematics to be very important. Particularly relevant, among these, are the participation in the Ciência Viva nas Férias program and various activities involving partnership protocols with several schools (7th to 12th grade).
Examples of activities
- Geometry Summer School: 100 Years of General Relativity (Summer of 2015)
- The Geometry of Relativity (Summer of 2010)
- Public lectures by José Natário
- Mathematics and Satellite Orbits (Summer of 2009)
- Topology (Summer de 2008)
- Nonlinear Science (Summer of 2006)
- Chaos and Order (Summer of 2003)
- Knots (Summer of 2002)
- Ciência Viva nas Férias (Summer of 1998)
The Center also participates regularly in other outreach programs in mathematics, such as the Novos Talentos em Matemática.
- Participation in the National Meeting of Math Students 2020.
- Participation in Mathematical Routes of TU Lisbon: 2012, 2011, 2010.
- Participation in the IST Winter Schools in Mathematics: 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 and 2009.
- Participation in the IST Summer Schools Mathematics, Statistics and Computing 2014, 2013
- Participation in Mathematics, Science and Nature (Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian).
- Outreach texts and talks.